The most important step in affiliate marketing is to choose a good affiliate program, getting this step right will put you in the right path to success. And this is also a crucial step that decides the overall earning potential for the efforts you put in. Beginners to affiliate marketing usually get this step wrong and fail in the first step itself, to avoid being one of those failure story read this article completely which will help you choose good quality affiliate programs.
There are hundreds of online affiliate programs today and one might get confused on which program to go for, so first decide which type of affiliate program you would like to promote which makes things a little bit easier. Next after deciding on the type of program it’s time to search for the top players in the market. It would be better if you can go for an affiliate program in which you have passion or interest to promote because when you do things that you like, it becomes more easier and inspires you to produce great results.
I have written a post on how to find affiliate programs in two easy steps, just read it before you continue, after reading make a list of affiliate programs that you come across, this will make further job easier.
Now take each of these programs that you have noted down and see whether they satisfy the following criteria to be considered as a quality affiliate program.
- Does this program offer good quality product that delivers what it says. (Customer satisfaction is very important)
- Are affiliates happy with this affiliate program, search for reviews.
- Does the program pay regularly on-time.
- Do they provide customer support and also respond to your queries as an affiliate.
- Check the track record of the product owner.
- Do people recognize the product, is it a trusted name. If yes then it is easy to sell the product to the buyer.
- Are buyers complaining about the product check for testimonials and user review, try to find negative reviews and use your diligence to decide whether it’s a good program to promote or not.
- The product should have demand meaning people should be ready to buy it.
- Does the affiliate program provide resources for product promotion and do they provide reliable statistics.
Check for all these criteria in the affiliate programs in your list and finally you will have a shortlist of good affiliate programs that are ready to promote. Final tips, stay away from banned and unethical programs that do more bad than any good. Never promote a product if you don’t like it.